Christmas Ornament Souvenirs

I do very little shopping on vacation - I don't have the time or inclination, really - but one thing I make sure to get (if I can) is an ornament for our christmas tree. They're small, portable, usually pack well and I get to enjoy them every year when we put up our tree. It's a tradition I started around our honeymoon and even Jorge likes looking at all the ornaments we've acquired over the years. 

I bought this in Finland in an open air market where there were amazing hot dogs and grilled meat to be had at every corner.

 This is from a home decor shop in Arles, France. Bon-Jour!

 I bought this the first day we were in the Orkney's, at Kirkwall.

This is from Talinn, Estonia and all I remember is I felt like the shop girls were terrified of us and the tour guide led us to believe that every store was infiltrated and run by the Russian mafia.

 This is from Iceland and its one of their Yule Lads. This one is the potlicker.

 I am nearly 100% sure this is from Beijing, China.

This is not a christmas tree ornament. There were basically NO christmas ornaments anywhere we were in Patagonia. This is actually a window clingy and had one of those little suction cup things attached, but I just removed it and added a hook for the tree. I bought this in El Chalten, Argentina.


I bought this in St. Petersburg, Russia and all I really remember is it was SO expensive. Probably almost $30 USD but the quality of the hand painting was so much better than the cheaper ones, so I threw our money into the wind.

I bought this from a cute souvenir shop in Bethany Beach when I stayed at my sister's in law's beach house for a long weekend for my birthday.

 I got this in Denmark during a Baltic cruise we took with my entire family.

This was one of the first ornaments I got, at a Christmas shop in Inverary, Scotland during our honeymoon. I had rabbits at the time and thought it was perfect.


 This is from the Netherlands where the Delft Blue pottery is made.

This is from our most recent trip to Scotland (2016) where we got a flat tire and had to backtrack something like 100 miles to get it replaced. When we finally made it to a shop that had a tire that would work there was some problem with the rental car company (they only wanted a certain brand of tire used), so Jorge had to turn on the good ole charm with the receptionist and flash his dimples to get it all worked out. While he was flirting her up, he opened the door of the car and this heart ornament tumbled out and apparently she found it very romantic. Kismet, I suppose.

 This little rocking horse is from Germany.

This is from Norway and I was lazy and kept it in my purse for most of the trip instead of properly packing it away so one of the antlers is a little damaged. wamp wamp.

 This is from Canterbury, England.

 This is probably one of the first ornaments I bought, in Dublin, Ireland during our honeymoon.

This is from New Zealand, and I really can't remember which bird this is now. Not a kiwi, I'm pretty sure.

Comments

Popular Posts